3 Days Marrakech Desert trip to Merzouga
Shared 3 days Marrakech desert tour to Merzouga
MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP
This desert tour from Marrakech to the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga is one of the best itineraries for those who want to visit the deep desert of Morocco without wasting time driving long hours, especially on the third day. The visit is rich in landscapes, you will never be bored because you will be busy admiring one scene after another. The dramatic change of scenery is incredible: From the fertile plains of Haouz around Marrakech to the High Atlas mountains, then to the different valleys and oases. In the end, rocky plateaus followed by the breathtaking Erg Chebbi sand dunes. The highlight of our 3 days excursion from Marrakech to Merzouga is your camel ride at sunset and overnight under the stars in your Bedouin desert camp in the Sahara Desert.
Availability: Daily departure from Marrakech .
Destination: Erg chebbi dunes merzouga morocco sahara.
Pick up time: 7:30 a.m. from your Hotel or Riad in Marrakech .
Duration: 3 days back at 8 pm .
Category: budget Marrakech Shared Tour.
Payment: Payment is made directly to the driver through any currency.
Recommendations: Comfortable clothes, hat, jacket and sunscreen, Camera & phone chargers, Warm clothes in winter season.
thank you for reading our advice at the bottom of the page.
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|80.10 £||160.20 £||240.30 £||320.40 £||400.50 £||480.60 £||560.70 £||640.80 £||720.90 £||801.00 £||881.10 £||961.20 £||1,041.30 £||1,121.40 £|
3-days tour in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Ben Heddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges (6 hours drive)
Departing from Marrakech in the morning, the driver will pick you up from your hotel.
You will take the road to the dunes of Merzouga, via the High Atlas via the Tichka pass located at 2260 altitude. The first stop will be the Kasbah Ait ben Hadou and the former Kasbah de Talouet. These two fortified villages, recognized by the UNESCO world heritage, offer you a complete panorama of the techniques of construction of the old earthen houses… Lunch at the Kasbah and direction towards Ouarzazate. In Ouarzazate, you will visit the Taourirt Kasbah and the film studios before going to the Dades gorges. Take advantage of the splendid landscapes of the Dadès valley, the Roses valley, and Kalaa M’gouna. On arrival, you will watch the sunset: the Dades gorges show all their magic ... The first night in a typical hotel Very clean and comfortable, ideal for an overnight stay.
2 Day: Dades Gorges - Merzouga (Dunes of Erg Chebbi) (4 hours drive)
Breakfast in the Dades gorges and direction towards the dunes of Merzouga: a starting point for an unforgettable stroll in the desert. Merzouga is recognized by its Erg Chebbi dunes, or the most commonly called Merzouga dunes, which are larger than 100 km². Enjoy an hour and a half of camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi and admire the sunset which offers an incredible and unique view in the world ... Second night in bivouac under the stars after dinner traditional around the fire.
3 Day: Merzouga - Ouarzazate - Marrakech (9 hours drive)
After the sumptuous sunrise, take part in a typical breakfast and return by camel to Merzouga. Admire the beautiful landscapes of the Sahara, oases, palm groves and green valleys ... Return to Marrakech.
Our Tips for this 3-day tour in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga
• If you wish to stay in a private tent with the appropriate bedding and the possibility of taking a shower in a private room of the lodge the following day in Merzouga, there is a supplement of 10 € per person.
• If you wish to spend the night in a private room with a private bathroom in your hotel in Dades, an additional € 10 per person will be required.
• The visit to the Ait Ben-Haddou kasbah is free and free of charge.
• If you wish to take an optional local guide, the recommended price is 3 euros (negotiable at the start) per person.
• You can take your luggage without exceeding a backpack and a suitcase per person.
• This circuit is not suitable for children under 12 years.
• Do not take this excursion if you have a flight the same day there could be a delay in the return.
• The last day is a long drive from Merzouga to Marrakech and we recommend that you take the extended tour of 4 days if possible, especially if you travel with young children.
• The private visit is always better: 220 euros per person.
• Transport in a 17-seater minibus, air-conditioned, driver speaking French or English
• Departure and recovery at your place of residence.
• 2 Nights of accommodation "First night at the hotel in Dadès, Second night at the bivouac in Merzouga
• Half lunch and dinner
• Camel ride
What is not included
• Optional guide € 3 / person at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities Back